30 women settle with Texans over claims related to QB

Thirty women who made or intended to make claims against the Houston Texans related to Deshaun Watson’s alleged sexual misconduct have reached confidential settlements with the organization, according to the women’s attorney, Tony Buzbee.

Watson, the former Texans quarterback, had been sued by 24 women who accused him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions in 2020 and early 2021. One of them sued the Texans last month, alleging that the team enabled his behavior while he was a member of that team. That lawsuit is now settled, as are 29 others who had not filed suit against the Texans, Buzbee stated.

Watson, now the quarterback of the Cleveland Browns, previously reached his own settlements to end 20 of the 24 lawsuits against him. That left four pending, which Buzbee said are still active and on course for trial next year.

Watson, 26, was never arrested or charged and denied wrongdoing, but a disciplinary officer for the NFL will soon decide whether he should be suspended for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

The Texans issued a statement Friday from the family that owns the team: Janice, Hannah and Cal McNair.

“We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of the allegations against our then franchise quarterback in March 2021,” the statement said. “Although our organization did not have any knowledge of Deshaun Watson’s alleged misconduct, we have intentionally chosen to resolve this. matter amicably. This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but instead a clear stand against any form of sexual assault and misconduct.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: